Corporate event can be a perfect way to foster a sense of community within the company. However, planning a corporate event – or any event – can be extremely stressful. There are many things to prepare and certain details to keep track of. Without proper guidance, it can all be a little too much to handle. This article will be your guide to planning a successful corporate event while keeping your stress at bay!
A Guide to Planning a Corporate Event
Corporate events can put the people in charge – whether it’s the company or the event planners – on the spot. The outcome of the event can go both ways: it can be incredibly successful or it can be a total failure.
The former outcome can cause positive effects on the company while the latter can leave attendees unhappy and cause your company’s reputation to suffer.
Whether you’re hosting a corporate event to launch your new product or conduct a shareholder meeting, you should make sure that the turnout of the event is a success. Here are four steps that you should take:
1. Determine the Goal and Budget
The first step is to determine the goal of the event. Once that has been established, you can go ahead and set a budget for the event. Listed below are some example of event goals:
– Over 5,000 social media impressions
– 80 percent of employee participation
– A 20 percent decrease in employee turnover after 12 months
– A 10 percent increase in subscribers within 3 months
2. Put Together a Team
The next step is to build a team of people to plan and execute your corporate event. The size of your team will also depend on the scope of your event. Here is a list of personnel that you need to consider:
– A corporate event planner who is able to oversee all the details and avoid unexpected issues that may arise.
– A full-service event rentals partner to make sure that your event is being executed properly
– A member with a marketing background to come up with a communication plan. This personnel will be the key person to promote your event, establish key messages, and reach out to target audiences.
– On-site coordinators to serve attendee needs throughout the running of the event.
– A photographer or videographer to take photos and video clips of the event for your website and social media platforms.
3. Book a Caterer and Rental Equipment
Now is the time to book a caterer and acquire event rental equipment including chairs, tables, and other necessary furniture. Don’t forget to consider your guests’ dietary restrictions when choosing your caterer. Moreover, make sure that the furniture you choose is appropriate for the kind of event that you’re hosting. Although it may be tempting to go for the cheapest options, it is also crucial that your attendees are as comfortable as possible. Therefore, make sure to get decent quality pieces of furniture for your event to keep everyone happy.
4. Devise Some Backup Plans
One last thing to consider is the worst-case scenario that may occur at the event. This is so that you can run through every unexpected scenario and come up with solutions to handle them beforehand. Things that you should consider include poor weather condition, medical emergencies, and other last-minute problems that may arise.
Affinity Events provides marquee hire services in Johannesburg.
Get in touch with us to see how we can help today!
[wpforms id=”909″ title=”false” description=”false”]